Thursday, March 5, 2015

wheedle-wheedle-wheedle

Late last summer, I heard an unusual sound -- over and over and over again.  It was loud and clear, but I didn't know if it was a bird, a tree frog or some kind of insect/bug.   I even did an internet search trying to find out just what I was hearing.  Except I couldn't find anything because I couldn't accurately describe the sound. 

I now know it's described as "wheedle-wheedle-wheedle" or "peter-peter-peter"

As the weather turned colder, I no longer heard the sound... 

Early in February, I saw a new bird visitor in my back yard.  I only caught a glimpse of it at first and it was so fast as it moved between the tree branches.  


Finally, I was able to get a few photos.  My new visitor is a Tufted Titmouse!  They have such a cute, happy expression. 

A few days after my first glimpse of this little bird, I heard that sound again.  I'm finally able to identify where the sound comes from -- it's the Tufted Titmouse's song

I hear the Tufted Titmouse much more than I see them.  Their song is so loud and clear.  I can even hear it when I'm in the house.

Until next time...



11 comments:

  1. What a sweet bird Pam! I now am suffering from bird envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH he is so sweet, I love birds and birld watching , what a great cute fellow he is . Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to see all the birds coming back. We also have lots of birds in our garden and I already see the first coming back from the south.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little bird id sooooo cute!
    I will have to watch for these this Spring and Summer.
    I think I remember that sound.
    Thanks for sharing the pic and link.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute bird. I have never spotted one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute little bird!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute bird. I guess he's called a tufted titmouse because of his tufted hair on top of his head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is a cutie!! I'm afraid I've never seen one here, Pam--we seem to have the same old birds day after day... I'd love to see something different :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear done yesterday when I was at a park, but never saw it! Darn! They are ever elusive! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam I love your bird pictures. I am trying real hard to feed the birds consistently, but I still don't have the variety like you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.