Thursday, May 10, 2012

TOTALLY NON-STITCHY POST
Still not finding that stitchy feeling.  I haven’t picked up a needle in, well, I can’t remember how long it’s been.  I had wanted to make a pincushion for my MIL, but here it is a few days before Mother’s Day and I haven’t started it.  Heck, I haven’t even picked a design yet.  The longer it takes me to get going on this, the more stress it’s going to cause me and that probably means I’ll make more mistakes.  Not a good way to anticipate starting a project.

SPRING ALL AROUND
Thought I’d share a collage of the signs of spring around our home.  Everything is so green, but some of the flowers don’t seem as spectacular as they did last year.  I think our really early warm weather in February jump started everything, but then the frosty, frozen March nights  damaged the blooms and buds.





WHERE’S THE ROBIN?
This was taken from the really dirty third floor window looking down on the tree in our front yard.   This tree had been damaged in a storm last fall and had to be severely trimmed.  My daughters called it the cactus tree all winter long, lol.  

As you can see, there are new leaves and branches growing.  I love the color of the new leaves and I think they are more colorful than in the fall when it’s just a yellow-gold color.  I haven’t been able to view the nest without the adult robin so I have no idea how many eggs there are.  As fast as the leaves and branches are growing, I might not ever be able to see the eggs or babies.


A STORY


From this...

My how young they are!
Homecoming ~~ High School Freshmen





to...


                     Goofy High School Graduates




to...



                                 Happy College Graduates




to this...

ENGAGED!!!!

Congratulations to my 
beautiful daughter and son-in-law-to-be!

 

Have a great rest of the week and weekend!





6 comments:

  1. Congrats to the newly engaged couple! I loved seeing the progression photos :) They were awesome.

    That tree is pretty with those leaves. Everything in my yard is doing good considering we had those cold snaps.

    Sorry to hear you're still not feeling stitchy. Maybe you should just give the MIL flowers and save yourself the stress seeing as it's so close the Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get the stitch mojo back soon. Beautiful children and congratulations to your Daughter. That is a lovely ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the happy couple....you will have to find that stitchy feeling now with a wedding sampler etc. Well pleased for the whole family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get back into the stitching mood soon. Congratulations to the couple.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the engagement of your daughter!
    Hope stitching mojo comes back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations how lovely they look. Hope your mojo finds it way home to you soon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.